Pier and Beam Foundation Repair
Pier and beam foundations differ greatly from slab foundations.
While there are pros and cons to both foundation types, the repairs and re-leveling process for pier and beam foundations will be markedly different when it comes to pier and beam foundations versus slab foundations.
At Atachafalaya Foundation Repair, we are experts at pier and beam foundation repair.
Here is a typical walk-through of our process when it comes to pier and beam foundation repairs and re-leveling:
- Inspect structure thoroughly for all items in need of attention including base pads, piers and termite shields.
- Conduct thorough inspection of all support beams for rotten/cracked beams and remove and replace all damaged with treated lumber.
- Include additional support where support may be needed throughout home including sills and floor joists for proper support needed to insure that home is structurally sound.
- Remove all cracked piers and replace with new reinforced concrete piers/blocks.
- Re-level entire home with laser system for most accurate readings, placing structure at original position.
- Cleanup entire work area.